You are hereFind an Incubator
Entrepreneurial success rates escalate from 20% within the first 5 years of business to 80% with assistance from incubators. Join us in shaping business success!
SMALL BUSINESS INCUBATORS
One of the more popular techniques to help entrepreneurs and start-up business firms survive their early years and grow and prosper in the community is the small business incubator. The small business incubator is a physical facility, which provides various sizes of offices or office suite, warehousing and manufacturing space, common loading docks, shared board/meeting space, kitchen facilities and a common reception area. The incubator provides a receptionist to greet visitors and to assist tenants in using a shared copier, fax, and audio-visual equipment and often times computers. The incubator manager assists tenants in preparing business plans, securing financing, business counseling and management advising. Tenants are expected to graduate from the incubator within a reasonable time frame to allow others to use the service. The incubator recoups costs by charging reasonable lease rates and fees and charges for the use of specialized services and equipment. Use our convenient locator map to find an incubator near you. Why should a new business want to locate in a business incubator? Most new businesses have a strength in a specific area and a great deal of passion. What they generally lack is experience in the basics of running a business and the infrastructure -the fax machines and telephone systems - to make things work. Virginia’s business incubators give these bold new companies structure, credibility, access to knowledge, infrastructure, and contacts that are necessary for the businesses to take root. MAP
Why should I support Business Incubators?
Simply stated, they work. According to national statistics, 30% of incubator clients typically graduate each year. According to the Impact of Incubator Investments Study, 1997, 87% of incubator graduates remain in business. Less than one in four businesses that start outside of an incubator survive for five years.
Why should a new business want to locate in a Business Incubator?
Most new businesses have a strength in a specific area and a great deal of passion. What they generally lack is experience in the basics of running a business and the infrastructure -the fax machines and telephone systems - to make things work. Virginia’s business incubators give these bold new companies structure, credibility, access to knowledge, infrastructure, and contacts that are necessary for the businesses to take root.
- Hampton Roads Technology Incubator System
James City County Technology Incubator
- Incubator America
- Dan River Business Development Center
- Nottoway County Small Business Incubator @ Pickett Park
- The New Century Venture Center
- Pioneer Center for Business Opportunity
www.pcbo.org Norton Facility
- Lynchburg Business Development Center
- Hampton University Business Incubator
- NewBiz Virginia
- AdvanTech Incubator
- New River Valley Competitiveness Center
- Franklin Business Incubator
- Richlands Business Incubator
- West Point Downtown Business Center
- 15. Virginia Biosciences Development Center
- The Highland Center
- The Jacksonville Center
- West Piedmont Business Development Center
- BizWorks Enterprise Center
- Empowerment 2010, Inc. Small Business Incubator and Resource Center
- VT KnowledgeWorks @ Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center
- MBL Small Business Incubator
- Virginia Highlands Small Business Incubator
- Mason Enterprise Center @ Prince William,
Fairfax Innovation Center
Community Business Partnership
- Spinner Technologies, Inc.
- The Southwest Regional Enterprise Center at Crossroads Institute
- Korea Business Development Center
- Virginia Technology Incubator
- Charlottesville Technology Incubator